Firm: Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Location: Chicago - IL
1 North Franklin, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60606
- Tel : (312) 300-5505
- Fax : (312) 300-5546
- Email : email@example.com
Max A. Stein concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and has extensive experience representing clients in a wide variety of disputes. Max’s approach to litigation is straight forward: find the most efficient, economic resolution possible for the client. Since joining B&D, Max has also used this approach in counseling clients on business and other non-litigation issues.
Max has employed this approach in countless cases in federal and state courts and arbitrations before the major arbitration organizations. While Max has represented clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, he especially enjoys helping businesses find creative solutions to their disputes and has particular experience with breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, bank and loan-related claims, civil RICO claims, securities fraud claims, and consumer fraud claims.
Max has tried multiple cases, including a four-week federal jury trial in a civil RICO matter that resulted in a multi-million dollar jury verdict and a multi-million dollar fee ruling from the court. Max’s practice includes experiences beyond the courtroom, including investigations, client interviews, drafting pleadings, motion practice, written and oral discovery, e-discovery issues, working with experts, post-trial briefing, appeals, and settlement. Max also prides himself on providing clients with practical counsel for their businesses and often serves as a sounding board for clients on litigation and non-litigation matters.
- Named as the Exclusive Featured Attorney for Chicago by Premier Litigation Lawyers 2019 -2020
- Recipient of Chicago-Kent College of Law 2014 Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- Recipient of 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award from the Public Interest Law Initiative
- Named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Illinois for 2015,2016 and 2019 by Super Lawyers, an Illinois Super Lawyer in the areas of Business Litigation (2014-2019), Class Action/Mass Torts (2017), and Appellate Law (2017), and a Rising Star (2009-2013)
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer for 2017 in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Creditor’s Rights/Commercial Collections Law
- Staff Member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review
- Member and Officer of the Chicago-Kent Moot Court Honor Society
- BA Political Science, Carleton College, 1995
- JD with Honors, Order of the Coif, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2001
- State of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Multiple United States District Courts, including the Northern (Trial Bar), Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois, Western District of Michigan, and the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
Boodell & Domanskis, LLC
Boodell & Domanskis, LLC’s commercial and civil litigation attorneys are keenly aware that resolution is not a universal standard. We listen to every client whether it is a national bank, a business partner being pushed out, a small trucking company, or a commercial landlord, and find out what resolution that client seeks. We excel at early assessment of a case and its settlement prospects, aggressive yet deliberate discovery and trial preparation strategy, thoroughly researched and well-written submissions to the court, and cost-effective trial presentation.
Our Commercial & Civil Litigation Practice Group excels at helping clients determine whether litigation is a suitable option. We work closely with our colleagues in the firm’s other practice areas to anticipate, avoid, “trouble shoot” and manage potential risk at an early assessment stage. We work to devise a dispute-resolution strategy that weighs whether trial or settlement is the appropriate course of action. When clients do decide to litigate, they trust in B&D’s long track record in a wide variety of cases.
B&D attorneys are mindful that every case is important to our clients. We provide our clients with prompt status updates and advise them of our proposed strategy every step of the way. Our regular, meaningful communications to our clients allow them to track and anticipate litigation costs and participate in making sound financial and tactical decisions. Whether working on a matter for an individual or on a complicated business dispute for a large company, we take pride in providing excellent and responsive service and attention to all our clients.