Firm: Carter Conboy
Location: Albany - NY
20 Corporate Woods Boulevard, Suite 500
Albany, New York 12211
- Tel : 518-465-3484
- Fax : 518-465-1843
- Email : email@example.com
Michael J. Murphy is the managing director of Carter Conboy. Mike is a trial attorney handling complex litigation with an emphasis on labor and employment law, municipal law, and litigation. Mike has an exceptional record of accomplishment in litigation statewide. He maintains an active trial practice in State and Federal courts as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and New York State Division of Human Rights.
Mike has a straightforward and results-oriented approach to his work, which has earned him the trust and loyalty of his clients, and the respect of the bench and bar. His clients are local and national leaders in business, government, community organizations, and the professions. Mike is regularly retained to represent his clients’ interests in sensitive, high profile litigation and investigations.
In 2016, Mike was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Fellowship into the ACTL is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality. Membership in the College cannot exceed one percent of the total lawyer population of any state or province.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- ALFA International
- Federal Court Bar Association, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Albany County Bar Association
- ALFA International Board of Directors, Chair Emeritus
- ALFA International Labor & Employment Practice Group, Steering Committee
- Federal Court Bar Association, Northern District of New York, Past-President/Trustee
- Federal Court Bar Association, Northern District of New York, Rules Committee
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Attorney (2008–present)
- Best Lawyers in America®, “Best Lawyer” (2019–present)
- Super Lawyers®, “Super Lawyer” (2008-present)
- Fortune Magazine, The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, and The National Law Journal, “Top Labor & Employment Lawyer” (2012–14)
With a legacy that spans nearly a century, Carter Conboy provides a deep bench and a diversified practice in service to corporations, governments, professionals, individuals, and families. Founded in 1920, our Firm enjoys a long-standing reputation as the leader in litigation in the Capital Region and Upstate New York. Today, our roster of 30 attorneys brings that same discipline and dedication to more than 20 active areas of practice from offices in Albany and Saratoga Springs.